Our BB3000 & BB5000 Line Boring is the most compact, versatile and powerful line boring machine in its class. Easy to set up, designed to make quick work of tough jobs in spaces too restrictive for most boring machines. Easily configured for difficult machining applications.
Quick and Easy Setup
- Modular components make setup quick and easy.
- Fast and easy setup using high quality cast-iron set-up cones and spherical bearing mounts.
- Patented spherical bearing mounting system allows quick setup, with up to 5° of bearing misalignment.
- Typical set-up time for an experienced operator is 30 minutes or less.
- Up to 650 ft-lbs (881 N·m) of torque at the bar – more than any other portable boring machine in its boring range.
- Specially-designed rotational drive unit provides 4:1 or optional 12:1 or worm gear reduction for increased torque at all speeds
- Flexible, High Quality Design
- Through-bar design allows the rotational drive and feed unit to be mounted anywhere along the bar, even separately.
- Patented heavy-duty spherical bearing mounts ensure rigid attachment to the work piece, for more effective machining.
- Highly customizable to meet a variety of needs.
- Available in electric, servo, hydraulic, or pneumatic motor configurations.
- Reversible electric motor.
- Fast, easy two-bolt change-out process to switch motors.
- Available in a variety of bar lengths, from 4 – 24 feet (1219.2 – 7315.2 mm).
- Bars are straightened, and have ½ inch or 12 mm square-broached tooling holes.
- Accessories allow the BB5000 Line Boring to be used for blind boring, line boring, drilling, facing, and valve repair.
- An interface kit allows attachment and quick alignment of the CLIMAX Auto Bore Welders for efficient bore welding.
- Extremely compact for ease of use in cramped, tight work spaces.
- Drive & Feed can be mounted between bearings for use in even more confined spaces.