ECITB MJI 10, 18, 19
ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity
MJI 10, 18 & 19 Hand, Hydraulically Torque & Hydraulically Tension Bolted Connection Techniques.
The ECITB offers a method of training and validating skills in the specialist critical bolting area. Training courses, Work Based Task Assignments (WBTA) and Technical Tests cover isolations, dismantling techniques, inspection of components, alignment techniques and clamp connectors as well as assembly and tightening techniques in specialist critical bolting. These short courses teach detailed, critical skills through Approved Training Providers based on the ECITB Technical Training Standards.
- 2.5 days
This unit specifies the skilled performance expected of persons trained to dismantle, inspect, prepare, assemble and tighten flanged and clamp connector pipe joints using hand & hydraulic torque and bolt tensioning equipment.
- Health & Safety in the work place
- Instruction and practice in observing health & safety requirements and approved working practices
- Prepare work area for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using the controlled bolt loading equipment
- Prepare equipment for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using the controlled bolt loading equipment
- Prepare materials for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using the controlled bolt loading equipment
- Assemble bolted connections
- Tighten bolts using hand & hydraulic torque equipment and bolt tensioning tools
- Check integrity of assembled bolted connection
- Reinstate the work area after the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using the controlled bolt loading equipment
Candidates must have a basic mechanical background preferably in pipe-fitting, mechanical fitting etc.
- Safety footwear
- Eye protection