Over the next decades decommissioning of oil and gas infrastructure will increase. A large number of oil and gas fields have reached maturity and will, due to their economic life cycle, eventually cease. The contribution of hydrocarbons is expected to reduce in the future energy mix. Decommissioning has always been part of the exploration and production lifecycle but also used for restoration of production and processing sites.
Pipeline decommissioning is where we excel. Our highly trained technicians are capable of doing the job in a fast but safe manner.
In the field of decommissioning, reliable equipment and manpower is key. Here at Patriot International we have a wide range of removal tools suitable for decommissioning jobs in the oil, gas and energy market both onshore and offshore. Since 2002 we have developed an impressive reputation with our tools and offer you decommissioning solutions for specific projects.
During a decommissioning job, we follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Select the right tools and services for their unique project.
- Test the integrity of the line before decommissioning to prevent environmental hazards.
- Ensure the line is clean and free of product.
- Inert the line.
- Keep people and the environment safe throughout the project.
- If abandoned, leave the line in full regulatory compliance.
Read our decommissioning brochure