ECITB MJI 18
ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity
- MJI 18 Hydraulically Tension Bolted Connection Techniques
- The ECITB offers a method of training and validating skills in the specialist critical bolting area. Training courses, Work Based Task Assignments (WBTA) and Technical Tests cover isolations, dismantling techniques, inspection of components, alignment techniques and clamp connectors as well as assembly and tightening techniques in specialist critical bolting. These short courses teach discrete, critical skills through approved training providers based on the ECITB Technical Training Standards.
- 1 day
- 5 day course when combined with MJI 19
- This unit specifies the skilled performance expected of persons trained to dismantle, inspect, prepare, assemble and tighten flanged pipe joints using hydraulic tensioning equipment.
- Health & Safety
- Instruction and practice in observing health & safety requirements and approved working practices
- Prepare work area for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using hydraulic tensioning equipment
- Prepare equipment for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using hydraulic tensioning equipment
- Prepare materials for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using hydraulic tensioning equipment
- Assemble bolted connections
- Tighten bolts using hydraulic tensioning equipment
- Check integrity of assembled bolted connection
- Reinstate the work area after the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using hydraulic tensioning equipment
- Candidates must have a basic mechanical background preferably in pipe-fitting, mechanical fitting etc.
- Safety footwear
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Safety helmet
Request your Quote
for our MJI 18 course